Victory 4 Secures Runner-Up Spot with Impressive Performance, Two Points Behind Leaders
The Victory team has completed its participation in the Grand Prix of Zhengzhou, which was the second round of the 2023 UIM F1H2O World Powerboat Championship held in Yellow River, China. The team achieved fourth place in the main race yesterday, Sunday.
Despite encountering some difficulties and breakdowns in the first and second days, the Victory 4 boat, led by Swedish racer Erik Stark, managed to start the race from the 12th position and completed all 38 laps in fourth place.
The Victory boat no. 4 was the biggest beneficiary of the second round's results, making significant progress in the Overall Standings of the 2023 World Championship after adding 9 points to its tally, bringing it to a total of 21 points. The team now occupies the second position in the overall standings, just two points behind the current leader, the Swedish boat no.14, led by veteran racer Jonas Andersson who was crowned champion of the main race.
"The race was amazing, despite the many challenges we faced, including a delayed start in the main race due to the conditions we encountered in the first and second days, as well as the fast changing weather condition here on the Yellow River," said Erik Stark.
Stark expressed gratitude for the dedication and support of the Dubai International Marine Club and the Victory Team boats staff, who worked tirelessly to overcome the challenges surrounding their participation. He highlighted that the 9 points earned from their fourth-place finish will inspire his team to remain steadfast and strive towards the top of the overall standings in the upcoming rounds.
Here is the current Overall Ranking after the second round:
1. Jonas Andersson (SWE) Team Sweden 23pts
2. Erik Stark (SWE) Victory Team 21pts
3. Bartek Marszalek (POL) Strømøy Racing F1H2O Team 20pts
4. Shaun Torrente (USA) Team Abu Dhabi 17pts
5. Sami Seliö (FIN) Sharjah Team 15pts
2023 Grand Prix of Zhengzhou, China – Result:
1. Jonas Andersson (SWE) Team Sweden 38 laps
2. Shaun Torrente (USA) Team Abu Dhabi @16.72sec
3. Ferdinand Zandbergen (NLD) Sharjah Team @36.33sec
4. Erik Stark (SWE) Victory Team @39.26sec
5. Filip Roms (FIN) Mad Croc Gillman Racing @41.27sec